– Registration for all A Capella Music School offerings is made directly through/with A CAPELLA. Registration is available online at www.acapellamusicschool.com.
– A CAPELLA’s Academy does not accept registrations by walk-in, fax, phone, or mail. Students are enrolled upon receipt of online registration and payment.
– You will receive registration confirmation via email.
– No further notification will be given unless a class is filled or cancelled.
– Classes fill quickly. Register at least one week prior to the start of the class.
– Questions about the A Capella Music School registration/offerings can be answered by email at email@example.com.
– Tuition and administrative/registration fees are due at the time of registration for all classes.
– Your canceled check, charge card statement, or email confirmation will serve as your proof of payment.
– A $35 insufficient funds fee will be assessed for any returned checks.
REFUNDS FOR PRIVATE LESSONS (IN-HOME AND STUDIO)
– Cancellation of a lesson must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to receive a make-up lesson.
– No more than 2 cancellations per set of 4 lessons.
– There are no refunds on unused or cancelled lessons.
– If you choose to take a break, unused lessons can be banked for you for a period of 3 months.
– Make up lessons CANNOT be rescheduled.
– Make up lessons and unused lessons cannot be credited.
REFUNDS FOR GROUP LESSONS
– A CAPELLA does not provide refunds, partial or full. Credits may be issued to qualifying students if the registrar is notified in writing no later than fourteen (14) business days before the beginning of the scheduled class. Any credits issued must be used before the end of A CAPELLA’s calendar year, or before August 30th.
– If the student drops a class at any time, pro-rated credits for other classes will not be issued.
– Families on the payment plan will still be responsible for the remaining balance on their account.
– Refunds will not be issued by A CAPELLA for student absenteeism or discontinued participation except in extraordinary cases of a full withdrawal of a child from a semester or class due to prolonged physical injury or illness. These exemptions are at the sole discretion of A CAPELLA staff.
– These extraordinary case requests for a refund must be made in writing to A CAPELLA and be accompanied by a physician’s note.
– Refunds may be pro-rated from the date A CAPELLA receives the doctor’s notification.
– Approved refunds (minus the class administrative/registration fee) may take 6 – 8 weeks to process.
– A $35 administrative fee will be charged for all withdrawal/change notices resulting in a refund.
REFUNDS FOR SUMMER PROGRAMS
– If you wish to cancel your child’s enrollment in our Summer Programs, you must notify A CAPELLA in writing at least 30 (thirty) working days prior to the start of the session in order to receive a tuition refund minus the non-refundable deposit.
– Approved refunds (minus the class administrative/registration fee) may take 6 – 8 weeks to process.
An adult should be always in the room with the teacher and the minor. If an adult is not present the teacher may refuse to teach the lesson and the class will be charged.
SAFETY & ETIQUETTE EXPECTATIONS
– All students will be expected to behave according to basic safety and etiquette rules set forth by their Teaching Artist/Instructor and A CAPELLA staff on the first day of class (or via a welcome email from your Teaching Artist/Instructor prior to the first class).
– A verbal warning will be given for the first infraction and a formal written warning will be issued to the student and parents after the second infraction of these rules. After repeated infractions or if a child’s behavior becomes a safety concern or impedes the class from functioning harmoniously or as a whole, A CAPELLA reserves the right to discharge the child from further participation in the class without a refund.
– A CAPELLA reserves the right to dismiss any student due to frequent absences, disciplinary problems, overdue tuition payments and/or parental noncompliance with A CAPELLA policies.
PICK UP/DROP OFF
– Students must be picked up immediately after the conclusion of class at the end of their final class of the day. A parent or guardian should come inside to meet their child. If other arrangements are needed, please send a note authorizing A CAPELLA to release your child. Students may not loiter unnecessarily.
– If a child is left in our care for more than ten minutes at the end of the day, a late fee will be charged for every ten minutes until the child is collected.
– If a student is left in our care for more than one hour past closing time, and we are unable to reach any of the emergency contacts, which the parent has provided, the local police will be notified.
– All classes require a sign in and sign out. Students between the ages of 6 and 8 years of age should be signed in an out by a parent or guardian. Students aged 9 and above can sign for themselves.
– We invite the parents to stay for the first ten minutes of the first meeting of our classes to meet the teacher and ask questions.
– A CAPELLA is committed to conducting all programs in a safe manner and holds the safety of participants in the highest regard. A CAPELLA continually strives to reduce risk and insists that all participants follow safety rules and instructions that are designed to protect their safety. However, students and parents/guardians of minors must recognize that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in physical activities. You are solely responsible for determining if you or your minor child/ward is physically fit and/or skilled for the activities contemplated by this agreement.
– It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant, disabled in any way, or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity.
– Teachers should be made aware of any physical problem that would affect a student’s ability to take class. Programs are intended to challenge and engage the physical, mental and emotional resources of each participant. Despite careful and proper preparation, instruction, medical advice, conditioning and equipment, there is still a risk of serious injury when participating in any physical activity/program.
– In this regard, it must be recognized that A CAPELLA is NOT responsible for any injury incurred on or off premises of the facility.
– A CAPELLA Music School observes the following holidays in keeping with the federal holiday calendar: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
– It is the responsibility of the student and parent to be aware of all A CAPELLA activity schedules as listed on our website such as school closings, rehearsals, holidays, and performance dates.
– In the event of a child attending any day-long or extended event with a previously known peanut allergy, A CAPELLA will notify all students to pack lunches that do not contain peanut butter or nut products as well as products whose labels state that the product “may include peanuts” or was “processed in a plant containing peanuts,” and provide a peanut-free lunch table.
– A CAPELLA requires students to wash their hands frequently and never provides any snacks that may contain peanuts.
GENERAL CLASSROOM RULES
– Students are not permitted cell phones, personal items and jewelry during class instruction.
– For the safety reasons, students arriving late to class are required to wait at the perimeter of the space and wait for an invitation from their instructor to join the class at an appropriate time.
– Students arriving more than 10 minutes late to class will be asked to observe the class.
– Students will show appreciation to their instructor at the end of each session via polite applause.
– Students will not call out of turn or otherwise interrupt the instructor during class instruction via unbidden questions or practicing while instruction is being given.
– Students will not hang on ballet bars, leave trash, vandalize or otherwise disrespect any Academy spaces in any way.
– Students will not co-mingle in designated male/female only student dressing rooms.
LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS
– A CAPELLA is not responsible for any lost or stolen items left in the facility.
LATE ARRIVAL/EARLY DISMISSAL
– Late arrival to/early dismissal from class is discouraged. See absenteeism, below.
– A Late Arrival/Early Dismissal is defined by A CAPELLA as arriving late to any segment of rehearsal or class, including roll call/warm up. Two late arrivals/early dismissals will count as one absence.
– In the event of any student absence, please notify the registrar or stage manager in advance. A CAPELLA does not offer compensatory lessons or classes for absences and/or missed lessons that occur because students have conflicts, travel out of town, etc. or due to illness.
– Repeated absenteeism can be cause for dismissal from the Academy offering and is at the sole discretion of A CAPELLA staff.
– While absenteeism is discouraged, students participating in Academy offerings whose session meets more than 12 (twelve) times are allotted two (2) absences (excused or unexcused). Students missing more than the allotted absences may be dismissed from participation at the sole discretion of A CAPELLA without refund.
– An Absence is defined by A CAPELLA as missing a class or rehearsal for any reason, whether excused or unexcused. For the sake of the policy, no distinction is made between excused or unexcused absences.
– In the interest of the overall safety of our students, in the event that your child becomes ill, A CAPELLA asks that you refrain from allowing your child to participate in our programming until 24 hours after their fever has broken or until 72 hours after the child has seen their physician and/or received antibiotics.
– If A CAPELLA closes to prevent the spread of the flu or for any other reason, A CAPELLA will offer an additional class on Make-Up Day (see below).
– A CAPELLA strives to provide the highest quality training and instruction. Proper level placement and auditions for group lessons helps avoid discouragement and disappointment in students and allows them to work with others of similar skills and abilities.
– All placement decisions are at the sole discretion of the A CAPELLA staff. Parents and students with concerns regarding level placement should make an appointment to meet with Academy Staff and their instructor or Director for an evaluation.
– A CAPELLA’s placements are based on professional opinions, the student’s capabilities, and demonstrated growth and individual student’s technical achievement.
– Placements during the year are made via recommendations in writing from instructors.
OTHER ACADEMY PLACEMENT
– Students participating in introductory level acting, voice class, music, musical theater classes, special workshops and summer programs will be placed and accepted according to their age and/or grade level without exception.
– One of the primary goals we strive to impress upon the students participating in A CAPELLA programs is that “There are no small parts, only small actors.” A CAPELLA encourages teamwork, corporation and generosity of spirit from its participants.
– As a parent of A CAPELLA students, please be supportive of our philosophies: While every student who participates in the extensive audition/selection process may appear in a Student Production, all casting decisions are at the sole discretion of the A CAPELLA staff and artists.
– All casting decisions are final and non-negotiable.
– A CAPELLA reserves the right to substitute an instructor temporarily or permanently without prior notification.
– A CAPELLA reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient registration.
– Tuition and registration fees will be refunded for any A CAPELLA programs that are canceled by the A CAPELLA.
– A Capella Music School generally looks to inclement weather an if necessary it will cancel classes. If a class is cancelled for any reason, the A CAPELLA Registrar will send an email to participants. Updates can also be found on A CAPELLA’s website, the Academy phone number, as well as on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages. We always encourage you to check our website first for the most up-to-date cancellation information.
MAKE UP DAYS
– Make-up days are built into each semester’s class schedule. In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather, instructor illness, or for any other reason emanating by A CAPELLA, these make-up classes will serve as a replacement for any regularly scheduled missed classes. Prior notification will be given if and when this make up day will take place.
– Make-up classes will not be held in order to accommodate any classes missed by a student for personal reasons, family scheduling conflicts or general student illness.
– A CAPELLA will only offer one make-up class per semester. If more than one class is cancelled per semester due to inclement weather or for any other unforeseen reason, only one make-up class will be offered as compensation. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
– A CAPELLA reserves the right to use photos or video recordings taken during the course or a program or lesson (group or private) for promotional purposes only.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS, TELEPHONE AND EMAIL
– Please notify A CAPELLA in writing of any address, phone or email changes. A CAPELLA is not responsible for lost or undeliverable mail or email.
– A CAPELLA complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination in the conduct of its operations and programs. A CAPELLA admits students of any religion, race, sexual orientation, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, sexual orientation, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, financial aid or other school-administered programs.